Practical Erosion and Sediment Control for the Workforce
This practical one day course is specifically designed for Supervisors, Leading Hands and Work Crews working on road projects, subdivisions, water and sewer projects, pipelines, cable laying, overhead transmission lines and other construction projects. It provides specific information on the principles of Erosion and Sediment Control in line with the NSW Government "Blue Book". A combination of illustrated PowerPoint presentations, hands-on practical demonstrations, discussion and practical site based activities instruct participants in how to effectively meet their operational and legislative requirements.
Course content includes:
- The Regulatory Environment, Due Diligence and Responsibility
- Understanding Soil Erosion
- Assessing Erosion Hazard
- Soil and Water Interaction
- Erosion Control Best Management Practices
- Site Stabilisation and Rehabilitation
- Sediment Control Best Management Practices
- Site Inspection
- Practical Implementation of Best Management Practices
Who should attend?
Council Work Crews, Contractors, Supervisors, Leading Hands, Regulatory Officers, Project Staff and Construction Engineers
Recent participants have included:
Nambucca Shire Council, Newcastle City Council, Wyong Shire Council, CivilLake, Port Macquarie Hastings Council, Kempsey Shire Council