This practical one day course is specifically designed for Compliance Officers, Rangers and other Regulatory Staff undertaking Erosion and Sediment Control compliance inspections. Course participants will learn the importance of erosion and sediment control in construction, gain an understanding of suitable controls, understand what to look for with respect to erosion and sediment control when inspecting sites and the assessment of the adequacy of controls against an approved plan and regulatory requirements.
Course content includes:
- Fundamental Principles of Erosion and Sediment Control
- The Regulatory Environment
- Compliance with Erosion and Sediment Control Plans and the Blue Book
- Environmental Impact of Dust, Runoff and Sediment Discharges
- Identifying and Assessing Impacts on Sensitive Receivers
- Site Inspection of Erosion and Sediment Control Measures
- Realistic Expectations and the Adequacy of Measures
- Workshop and Scenario Exercises based on Typical Construction Sites
Who should attend?
Compliance Officers, Rangers and other Regulatory Staff undertaking Erosion and Sediment Control compliance inspections.
Recent participants have included:
Cooks River Alliance, Sydney Coastal Councils, Compliance Officers, Major Government Projects, Department of Planning, Industry and Environment.