This one day course presents an opportunity to gain valuable skills outlined in volume 2A (“Installation of Services”) of the Blue Book, published by the Department of Environment and Climate Change. This course focuses specifically on the construction and maintenance of linear easements in urban, rural or bushland locations and looks at the common challenges and problems faced on such sites. It provides practical advice on erosion and sediment controls for typical linear easement construction sites.
The course provides practical advice and techniques for linear easement construction as well as site planning, using Erosion and Sediment Control Plans and proper inspection and maintenance (including repairs or upgrades). The course is designed for professionals designing, managing or working at linear easement construction sites, who have an existing knowledge of the fundamentals of erosion and sediment control.
Course content includes:
- What’s in the Blue Book Volume 2A and how does it fit in with Volume 1?
- Legal considerations
- Management principles
- Planning and assessment
- Linear easement design, specifications and construction methods
- Erosion and Sediment Control principles on linear easement construction sites as well as for ongoing operation and eventual decommissioning and rehabilitation
- Applying best-practice erosion and sediment control techniques to construction and maintenance of linear easements
- Common problems and mistakes with linear easement construction and maintenance
- Reading and preparing plans for erosion and sediment control on linear easement construction and maintenance sites
- Constraints to successful erosion and sediment control on linear easement construction and maintenance sites
Who should attend?
Contractors, Supervisors, Leading Hands, Regulatory Officers, Project Staff and Construction Engineers